I was given a nice one inch thick Aberdeen Angus steak by my Mum. What was I gonna do with it?
Attempt an untested cooking method and potentialy ruin the sirloin of course!
- So remove steak from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Salt and pepper the steak; add more salt than you think you need and cover with a good layer of cracked black pepper.
- Place on wire rack and stick in oven. The inch thick steak took about half an hour to cook to rare. Winging it like me or get a thermometer probe.
- Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan to super hot and add oil.
- Fry each side of the steak for a minute.
- Serve immediately.
I got the best steak of my life. It was hot, juicy and had a thick crust; thats what she said; and all of the steak was rare.
- Black pepper
- Video tutorial
- Fudehouse reverse sear steak